Windows Vista + XP Dual-Boot

Status
Not open for further replies.

UnWarierMage224

Well, I went and did it.

Three questions:

1. I used GParted Live to partition the hard drive. If I want to get rid of Vista in the future and re-merge my two partitions into one partition again (as it originally was), how do I do it using said program? (Working with a single hard drive)

2. Is there any way to default the boot to XP instead of Vista?

3. XP is loading up really slow... I'm defragging right now and I'll see if that fixes the problem. If not, any guesses as to why its loading up slow and wasn't doing so before?

Oh yeah: I partitioned my 120 GB HDD into a 22 GB partition for Vista and my existing partition (The XP Partition) has about 70 GB remaining. Think that might be slowing it down (the partitioning?)

EDIT: One more question - is there any way to access the programs I have installed on the first partition so that I could actually use Vista without having to double-install programs? Or is this dual-booting more of a trial-type thing?

Thanks,

- 'Mage

no I do not see that any partitioning u have done will affect anything. If u want to go back the easy way would to buy Partition Magic 8.0, install it in Windows XP and let it format and delete the partition.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back