Windows will not load - HELP!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello, I'm a new user here.

Today i stupidly decided that it would be a good idea to update the drivers for my soundcard (Creative Audigy 2). I installed them as normal and restarted when prompted.

On restart of the machine, loading reached the windows xp pro loading screen (the one with the windows logo) and then simply rebooted itself. It then showed the screen that asks if you would like to start in safe or normal mode, or start at last point that the settings worked. In normal or last working settings modes, the loading reaches the windows loading screen as before and restarts. Safe mode will not load at all :(

I have tried removing the sound card and booting, but the same problem arrises.

Please dont say i have to reformat, i have so many important files on the HD. :(

Cheers greggie

Even if it comes to the point where you have to format (though, it shouldn't), your data at the moment likely still exists and you can extract it very easily. Check out Knoppix or attach your HDD as a slave in another PC and access your data that way. If it's very valuable to you, you should salvage it before attempting any fixes.

Try a repair install of Windows XP. You can perform an in-place upgrade as well, and you will not lose your data.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back