Windows won`t start and I can`t run a Windows repair.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arnoldo

When I start Windows it loads up (I can see the wallpaper, but no icons or taskbar). But then logs out and takes me to the Windows login screen. Whenever I try and login the same problem happens, it attempts to loads up and then automatically logs out.

I have tried starting Windows in safe mode and 'last known good configuration'. With the exact same problem. I have been searching for the last 5 hours without any success :( I have got the windows xp dics and have tried repairing it but mines the oem version and it doesnt have that option. I have also tried goin into the repair section (with the black screen) and deleted the boot file and made it repair it with no success either.

Need help badly people as all my work is on this hard drive !!!

P.s - It isnt comin up when I plug it into my m8s computer in slave mode. It just asks if I would like to "Format the drive" however there is information there as the loggin screen has my name and my wallpaper comes up too.

Cheers for any help given

The OEM XP disk does have a repair option. When you see the Recovery Console keep going. You will see a list of partitions, and XP installs, there should be a repair option listed here

Maybe if I explained this better it would help. I have 1 Hard drive (160Gb) which has two partitions on it. One is a program called mirrordisk which gives me the option of putting the computer back to factory spec and wiping everything. The other partition is the main hard drive were everything else is saved to. When I get to that section you mention it shows the 2 drives but only gives the option for a fresh install. Can u explain how you do it your way?

Many thxs

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back