Windows won't boot, gets stuck at loading bar

Status
Not open for further replies.
when i turn on my computer.. it says windows failed to load last time and gives me the screen where i can choose safe mode, normal mode.. etc. ok so i choose normal mode and it goes to the boot screen and the bar keeps scrolling as if it were working, but it just stays on the screen.. eventually the computer restarts back to the screen that gives me the boot up options.
more or less the same thing happens when i choose safe mode, only it never makes it to the bootscreen.. is there anything i can do that doesnt involve restoring my os?

PLEASE HELP

Edited by Poertner_1274: Please use proper thread titles.

Hello and welcome to Techspot.

If you type repairing xp into the search facility at the top of this page, on the page that appears there is a very good sticky on how to repair an xp installation if you can`t boot into windows.

I hope this helps Regards Howard :grinthumb

mine did the same thing: first it would freeze on the blue loading bar and then silence. Turns out it was the processor. I changed it and its working fine now. If that doesnt work try scanning the partition for errors.

hexcrackerjtj, if you look at the date of this thread you will see that it`s from november of last year.

I must admit, I`ve posted in old threads myself, untill I learned to look at the date lol.

Regards Howard :) :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back