Windows wont boot'

Status
Not open for further replies.

CNTInTraining

This morning i woke up and i started up my computer. It gets to the blue screen where it says "Starting Up". I cannot make it past this screen at any point, and even tried safemode.

Windows Xp Home

PLease Help Fast

In that case, before doing anything else, I recommend you test your ram and hard drive for problems. If they checkout ok, then try a Windows repair as per the link I gave you above. Hopefully, you don`t have a hardware problem.

See these threads HERE and HERE for info on Memtest86+ and hard drive testing utilities.

Regards Howard :)

on my windows xp cd, it takes me to a command prompt screen instead after i hit install.
Does cd have to be same service pack?

No, your Windows cd doesn`t have to be the same service pack. However, it will wipe all Windows updates and revert your Windows installation to whatever version is on the CD.

I still recommend you test your ram and hard drive, just in case you have hardware problems.

You say your Windows cd is taking you to a command prompt. Are you booting from the Windows cd as per the instructions in the repair Windows thread I linked to?

If you are, I`m not sure why it`s doing that.

No, you don`t want the recovery console.

Follow the instructions in the first post in this thread HERE for running a Windows repair.

Ok, download the Powermax ISO and burn it to a cd as an image. Your burning software should tell you how to burn an image file. Then, you should be able to boot from the cd and run the tests.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back