Windows wont let me in ..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Windows wont let me in even in safe mode.. it goes to loading screen and the loading bar goes through 2 and half times. Than it boots. Cant do nothing!

The whole thing started when i tried to play HL2 and install Everquest2 at the same time. HL2 got no response and soon after that EQ2 did too. The comp just didn't do anything, so i pressed the restart buttom and shut it down. dont know does this effect, but the comp did go to "locked" mode when i was shutting it down. (ctrl+alt+del and there lock computer). Now it runs normally until it askes you how would you like to start it. like in Last known good configuation or normally. Tryed all of them and wont let me in sade mode either!

Is my windows stucked?

No it doesn't give any error messages.. it just shuts down. and how i can type something in cmd if i cannot go to windows even in safe mode? or do you mean some anotherway..?

That means your boot sector has become corrupted. Put your windows cd in and boot from it. When you see a message about recovery console press f8 (if my memory serves me) and type "fixbmr" (without the speachmarks) then , remove the cd and reboot and see if that works.

rik said:
That means your boot sector has become corrupted. Put your windows cd in and boot from it. When you see a message about recovery console press f8 (if my memory serves me) and type "fixbmr" (without the speachmarks) then , remove the cd and reboot and see if that works.

Thats what I was getting at.:)

Kaskue said:
No it doesn't give any error messages.. it just shuts down. and how i can type something in cmd if i cannot go to windows even in safe mode? or do you mean some anotherway..?

Like I said before use your XP installation disk to boot up and choose the recovery option. Use the recovery console. Use the instructions that have already been given by the other member.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back