Windows wont load help!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

robo

hi can any one help??? my lap top wont load windows??? it starts too load and FLASHIS BLUE and restart and does it again i have read some postings on the problem but i have hit a brick wall!!! aaaarhhh i dont have a windows cd!!!

Bluescreen

robo said:
hi can any one help??? my lap top wont load windows??? it starts too load and FLASHIS BLUE and restart and does it again i have read some postings on the problem but i have hit a brick wall!!! aaaarhhh i dont have a windows cd!!!

Hi there, really sounds like your computer is giving you an informational message called a blue screen. If your system isn't powering down then the likeliness of the hard drive being dead is not as much of a possibility but still possible.

There are a couple things that can be wrong that come to mind with this type of machine and the information you've posted (Which is minimal at best).

The machine either has bad memory, a virus or indeed the drive is failing/failed.

hi wishup the laptop boots up to windows did not start successfuly and gives 4 option safe mode,safe mode with networking,safe mode withcommand prompt the 3 above when selected go 2 a screen that scrolls a losd of "multi (0) disk (0)rdisk(0)patition(1)??

the last option "start windows normally" just gos to the xp start up screen and flashis blue the does the same all over again?? hhope this is more helpfull?

Make sure your laptop is setup to boot from the cd drive first. Put in the XP cd and restart the computer. You will come to a screen that lets you repair the current copy of windows. Choose that option. Let us know if that works if it does not them there could be something physically wrong with the hard drive.

hi i dont have the xp disc laptop was pre loaded with it i have managed to get the screen when pressing f8 where do i go from hear??

robo said:
hi wishup the laptop boots up to windows did not start successfuly and gives 4 option safe mode,safe mode with networking,safe mode withcommand prompt the 3 above when selected go 2 a screen that scrolls a losd of "multi (0) disk (0)rdisk(0)patition(1)??

the last option "start windows normally" just gos to the xp start up screen and flashis blue the does the same all over again?? hhope this is more helpfull?

With this information I'm thinking virus, something that's edited your system (Maybe your administrator account has no password that leads to this).

If you have restore CDs I would reload the machine from scratch, extra laptop drive? Do a test install on an extra laptop drive to see if their is machine hardware damage. Sounds though just some software in the way now with your response.

hi i have managed to get to a blue screen witch is ask me to run chkdsk /f to cheeck the hard drive how do i do this????

robo said:
hi i have managed to get to a blue screen witch is ask me to run chkdsk /f to cheeck the hard drive how do i do this????

If that's the case then you could be out a drive and also the data on the drive.

Run CHKDSK to check for disk errors

Click Start > Run.

In the Run box, type the following text:
cmd

Click OK.

At the command prompt, type the drive letter of the drive you want to check (followed by a colon), and then press Enter.
For example, to check drive D, type the following text:
d:

Change to the root directory of the drive by typing the following text and pressing Enter:
cd\

Type the following text, and then press Enter:
chkdsk /<switch>
where <switch> is one of the following:

* If you want to automatically repair file system errors, use the /f switch (for example, chkdsk /f).
* If you want to both repair file system errors and scan for and recover bad sectors, use the /r switch (for example, chkdsk /r).

If you do not specify a switch when running CHKDSK, any errors that are found will not be fixed.

If you are prompted to schedule CHKDSK to run the next time the computer restarts (because CHKDSK may be unable to gain exclusive access to the drive under Windows), type the following text, and then press Enter:
y

At the command prompt, type the following text, and then press Enter:
exit

If you had to schedule the CHKDSK operation, then restart Windows NT/2000/XP.
While Windows is loading, CHKDSK should automatically run and check the drive that you specified earlier.

windows still wont load so i cant get to the start - run bit sorry 2 be a pain in the rear end i get 2 the blue screen and it ask's me to disable or uninstall any anti virus disk defrag or backup utilities check your hard drive configuration, and cheek for any up dated drivers how can i do this if windows does'ent load???

If your computer doesn't have a restore partition then you need to get your hands on an XP disc. A startup disk won't help you if Windows has been corrupted.

robo said:
windows still wont load so i cant get to the start - run bit sorry 2 be a pain in the rear end i get 2 the blue screen and it ask's me to disable or uninstall any anti virus disk defrag or backup utilities check your hard drive configuration, and cheek for any up dated drivers how can i do this if windows does'ent load???

Again, this could ultimately be the hard drive. An easier thing to do is take the hard drive out and at least check to see if the drive even works. That time would also be good to copy data you don't want to lose if it functions.

Next you can get a torrent and download the latest XP2sp2 Home/Pro from your local torrent site and burn to a CD.

Stay away from the cracked garbage and use the Key on the underside of your laptop.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back