Windows Won't Load.

Status
Not open for further replies.
My problem is that windows won't load. It goes to my VAIO screen, to the pentium logo, then it restarts. Afterwards I am taken to a black screen with much writing on it about how my computer didn't shut down properly and am given the option to select 'Safe Mode' 'Last known configuration that worked' and 'Start up windows normally'. And what have you. Safe mode and company end me up at a list of system files, not being able to get past a 'mud' file and restarts. Last known config. and start up windows normally land me at the windows load screen (with the progress bar), but stays there for quite some time just to restart and send me through it over again.

I've put in the recovery CD and have gotten to the recovery console up and chose 'Fixboot'. But all I got was, 'Fix boot cannot find the system drive, or the drive specified i not valid.'

I've been looking far and wide for help while using another computer and haven't found anything that is similar to my problem. errors all abound.

Also, when I use my recovery CD to just try to reinstall windows, it leads me to a screen with this information (after telling me it failed, of course)

*** Stop : 0x0000008E (0xc0000005, 0xf77f8fcb, 0xf73ea7d0, 0x00000000)
*** Setupdd.sys - address f777f8fcb base at f77ce000, DateStamp 3d6dd67f

What cause this - I came home from work and turned on my computer as normal. I heard the sound of the fading in ovation, or whatever, that comes when windows is on the desktop. When I sit down to get on, the monitor was black, and not working. The light was on, but no picture. So I tried to turn it off and on again from the power button, but it was pretty much stuck at on. So, my genius decided to just turn off the power switch to the power cord and turn it back on (computer, monitor, and sound system is hooked up to this switch) and when it came back on the monitor was working, but now the problem I first stated has occured. I have no idea what happened, and I'm pretty sure it was my fault, but would be greatly appreciative to any help on what means I have to go about fixing the problem. I love my computer, even when it doesn't love me, and I want it back.

According to your error code it is hardware error, most likely memory. Download a memory tester like this http://www.memtest.org./ or an Ultimate Boot cd form here: http://www.ultimatebootcd.com/download.html which has memory and hard drive tests on it. When you run the memory tests only use one memory module at a time while running the tests or just remove one at a time and try to boot the computer or reinstall Windows.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back