Windows XP/2000 port forwarding possible?

Status
Not open for further replies.

mke

Hi, am looking currently for a way to forward a few ports from my windows xp system to 3 other computers on the back. This acts in a way as the gateway as it has the internet connection on and shared documents for all other.
How can i forward ports in windows xp (sp2) ? i havent found any related article anywhere? is that possible? i used to have linux with shorewall doing this, but i desperately need the gateway to be based on windows xp or 2000.
can anyone help?

thanks

I am not sure if there is a place to do that in windows. May be just easier to get a router and then can eliminate the need for the XP machine to be running Internet Connection Sharing. Unless there is a specific realy you need to run the XP machine as a gateway that a router won't work for.

hi, thanks for the reply.
the thing is that i already have a router but it hasnt got a adsl connection for the modem to be pluged in. I use it now as a switch and the gateway with linux to forward ports and traffic.. i need though to upgrade to windows for the next few weeks and hoped that windows had a facility that allowed port forwarding and internet connection sharing.
my router has only rj45 connectors which is fine if i had a cable connection that connected via this. i cant afford to get a new adsl router especially since i am planning to change connection to cable again in july.
anyways. thanks again, if u have any other ideas let me know.
bye

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back