Windows xp appearance gone???

Status
Not open for further replies.

tomrca

I seemed to have lost my xp appearance.
I have been through the normal routine to change theme and appearances etc, but its not there and i haven't deleted it, its not in the list only classic and standard.
coould anyone tell me where it may have gone and how to recover it. [got no recovery disc]

appearance

yes i did try recovery but all prior dates were gone, in addition to this i haved discovered that i have lost sound although i have re-installed audio drivers. it gets worse, in device manager it is completely empty. now i am afraid to look what else is missing. this went wrong when my norton crashed out on me. i know its a p.o.s but ive nowt else for internet security. i am assuming that when it crashed it took the stuff with it

appearances

windows media won't play, and other progs are tellying me that there are no adiio devices and i also got one say no chipset

Did you find a solution to this problem (or the reason for it)?

I seem to be having a similar problem - my system has lost the XP appearance setting and I don't seem to have audio.

In addition, I have lost my previously installed printers and can't seem to uninstall or install printers or applications.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thank you in advance...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back