Windows XP Boot Problems

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have several problems, one is I cannot boot into safe mode. When I hit F8 and select safe mode, it starts to boot, then bring me back to the login choices screen.

I recently tried System Configuration Utility

Close all open programs.
Click Start, and then click Run. The Run dialog box appears.
As shown in this illustration, type msconfig and then click OK.

The System Configuration Utility appears, as shown in the following illustration. Check the "/SAFEBOOT" option, and then click OK.

Well, now my pc is in a constant state of re-booting, as it cannot boot into safe mode, and I do not know how to turn that option off.

I have tried using my Windows XP CD to repair the installation, however during the repair process, windows needs to, you guessed it, re-boot, and it is still trying to boot into safe mode.

Help? Thank you in advance! Microshaft :knock:

Hello and welcome to Techspot.

Take a look at This Thread It may help you.

If it does not then maybe you will have to do a full format and reinstall of Windows.

Regards Howard :wave: :wave:

thanks...but....

Thanks, read that thread before I posted, didn't do me any good, as when I am trying to "repair" windows, it requires me to re-boot, in which case the pc is trying to boot in safe mode, in which case, it keeps re-booting since it doesn't want to boot in safe mode, hence, a continuous loop.

scanreg /fix

try:

start up into DOS and type:
scanreg /fix

i changed my processor from AMD athlon +2600 to +3200 and froze on boot so i just did that, works 4 me

j4m32,

Thanks...

Thanks for the tip, someone also suggested updating to the latest driver for Nero's InCD if you are using that.

I actually uninstalled InCD and it boots fine into safe mode now, now I have to get rid of all the spyware and malware!

Thanks again for your response!

pauliwood said:
Thanks for the tip, someone also suggested updating to the latest driver for Nero's InCD if you are using that.

I actually uninstalled InCD and it boots fine into safe mode now, now I have to get rid of all the spyware and malware!

Thanks again for your response!

Take a look at the following thread by RBS it will help you with the spyware etc.

How to remove begin2search / coolwebsearch

Regards Howard :grinthumb

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back