Windows XP BSOD - 0x00000024

Status
Not open for further replies.

gonevidder

The other day I turned on my computer to check my email and came face to face with the Blue Screen of Death. I knew my computer's time was soon because my sister's computer (which was the same as mine) died about six months ago the same way. I found my explanation for the code 0x00000024, but I have no idea how to fix it, or if I even can. Along with some 'helpful tips' to solve the problem, it also gave me a series of codes:

*** STOP: 0x00000024 (0x00190203, 0x82327828, 0xC0000102, 0x00000000)

Since my computer won't boot in safe mode, let alone normally, is there any way I can get it to start up and work properly again? Thank you!

EDIT: In case this proves to be helpful -

I hadn't made any hard drive/hardware changes lately, but I believe the cause of my problem is that the hard drive had a lot of fragmentation. I managed a lot of media (video editing with large 1gb sized clips) and the last thing I was doing before the last shut down was ripping video clips. There were no viruses or anything like that to the best of my knowledge, and I hadn't had any recent crashes.

If you are unable to load Windows. Then you should try to access your ntfs partitions by making a ntfs boot disk -> Select the option for command prompt->type chkdsk /r at the command prompt

your partition could be corrupt beyond repair and all of your data is lost. In that case, you need to reformat the partition to be able to use it again.

Uh, to be honest, I don't know how to make an NTFS boot disk. :( I'm not even sure what that means... I'm not good with all this hard drive stuff with codes and floppy disks and all. I'm a lot more computer savvy when the computer has made it to the desktop. :haha: Thanks for the input though!

well, do you have a floppy drive. it looks like this

BeigeFloppy.jpg

I'm using a Macbook right now. Can I use the program called "Disk Utility" to do this? And could you please tell me how to se the PC's BIOS to boot from the CD ROM/DVD ROM drive?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back