Windows XP CD boots, but won't reformat...

Status
Not open for further replies.
I want to reformat this computer and I keep having an error message. Here's what happens...

okay, so I boot up from the CD drive containing my Windows XP Home Edition. It loads some files (mainly drivers), then the blue screen says "loading Windows" at the bottom. This is all pre-picking if I want to repair Windows, repartition my hard drive, etc... Then before I reach the next screen, I get a screen that says:

A problem has been detected and windows has been shut down to prevent damage to your computer.

If this is the first time you've seen this Stop error screen, restart your computer. If this screen appears again, follow these steps:

Check for viruses on your computer. Remove any newly installed hard drives or hard drive controllers. Check your hard drive to make sure it is properly configured and terminated. Run CHKDSK /F to check for hard drive corruption, and then restart your computer.

Technical Information:
*** STOP: 0x0000007B (0xFB00F63C, 0x0000034, 0x0000000, 0x0000000)

Does this mean anything to anyone? I ran all the programs suggested in the WebSearch-Removal.txt that I downloaded from this site (and did it perfectly!) I removed SO MUCH STUFF. But still I can't get around this... any thoughts?? Is it a virus in my hard drive that I must remove before I'm going to be allowed to reformat the hard drive? Any help would be appreciated!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back