Windows XP corporate hangs on loading screen

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi there peeps, Recently purchased and built my new pc but seem to be having problems.

I installed the OS and all was working nicely, then I installed the supplied motherboard chipset drivers + latest nvidia graphics drivers (both of these drivers were the correct ones) and then after rebooting I couldnt get back into windows, it would just hang on the loading screen and just appear to load forever.

I uninstalled the drivers and tryed to reboot again, still the same problem, I can only get into "safe" mode.

I have tryed using a driver cleaner to remove any other of the MB + gfx drivers that were installed but still no luck on getting into windows via "normal" mode, only "safe" mode works.

Im thinking its a GFX driver problem but really dont know how to try and determine this.

I have tryed disabling everything onboard, usb, firewire, etc (i was told by someone to disable onboard gfx and this might sort it but i couldnt find the option to)

Ive checked some of the error messages in "event viewer" - "system" and got things like this:

"The following boot-start or system-start driver(s) failed to load:
Fips
Processor

For more information, see Help and Support Center at http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/events.asp."

Hopefully you guys could shead some light on this as its really beginging to frustrate me,

Many thanks

Mark

in safe mode disable your firewall
if you are using a special router unplug it before boot
I would disconnect completely from intenet and if you have a nic card remove it
past that the graphics drivers may be your problem as I had to downgrade my ati drivers machine would not boot or would boot after long time and freeze on log in.
that info you gave only points to encrypting hardware
and this First nondestructive Interactive Partition Splitting program

Thx for that, about to try it now, but one thing,

What did you mean by "First nondestructive Interactive Partition Splitting program"

Just to let you know I have partitioned 10gig of my 300GB HD for c:\windows only

Please get back to me,

Many thanks

Mark

Omg it was my router, I removed the RJ45 cable and I can boot up fine in normal mode,

However I dislike having to constantly remove the cable upon boot up to then have to put it back into the NIC!

Any ideas???

Many thanks Samstoned, lifesaver!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back