Windows XP crashes with DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL Error

Status
Not open for further replies.

Milky_Joe

Hi, recently my PC has developed a fault. It is taking between 15-30mins to boot up into Windows XP (Home Edition) and after about 3mins its crashes and flashes up a blue screen with the following error message before restarting,

DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL

Its also mentions the following driver on this screen, Si3112r.sys. Which I understand is related to the SATA drive I have installed.

Can anyone help me with this fault? I would be very grateful for any help as I am a bit of a novice with these kinds of things. If you need any more information please ask, I currently have this drive installed in another PC and I can still access it.

Many Thanks

This refers to a chipset driver. Get the latest drivers for your motherboard and reinstall. We cannot be for sure unless you post the last 2-3 minidumps as a zipped attachment.

I have managed to find and download the latest chipset drivers for my motherboard, but when i try to install them my PC crashes to quickley, is there an alternative way to install them without being in Windows??

Thanks for your replies

Overheating problem?

I would clean install window xp if you doesn't have any important files.

I dont think its an over heating problem to be honest as I have plenty of cooling installed. I have some important files on this drive that i cant afford to loose. I have put the drive into another PC and have full access to all the files on the drive, i wondered if there it was possible to replace the corrupted files like this?

Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back