Windows XP Free Protection

Status
Not open for further replies.
This causes lots of discussion on this, but for me the best is F-Secure Internet Security. Probably as good is Kaspersky and there are lots of fans for NOD32 here so expect to hear from them!
Of the freebies AVG seems the best.

"What are some of the best free antivirus,span, etc. protections?"

The USER!

Yes, you do also need security programs and another layer of protection is the ISP. But no matter how many programs you have for this, the user must learn what "not" to click on, open, read or navigate to, not leaving your email address on internet message boards or chat rooms or Social Networking sites.. Safe Surfing will get you far, safely.

You should have one firewall, one anti-virus program and two or more spyware/adware programs. You should update and scan with the often. 'Suites' as a rule aren't free- not all, but most cost. My personal preference is for separate programs.

But you can find recommendation for many free programs on this site. One post is:
https://www.techspot.com/vb/topic84533.html

Thank you.
Is F-Secure Int. Sec. a demo version, or is it a full free version? because Spyware Doctor was suppose to be good, and it found a lot of bad things on my computer, but I can't pay for the program and thus can't remove them...

Now what?

All or most of the programs recommended in https://www.techspot.com/vb/topic84533.html
will scan and remove with original program. You are always best getting the full program as you will find it can find and remove in same transaction.

F-Secure.com » SECURITY CENTER » Malware Removal Tools. I doubt any demo program will actually remove anything. It is to demonstrate to the user how the program works and is to be used.

F-Secure is not free. Your best bet is the AVG trio of Anti-virus, anti-spyware and the rootkit. All free and probably the best of the freebies. And don't muddy the waters with anything else as it will only cause conflicts and end in tears. Do it, Dude.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back