Windows Xp Freezes at the Loading/ Progress Bar Screen. HELP

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi everyone....Thanks for reading.....I would love all Help I can get......

Recently I tried to reinstall my OS Windows XP SP2. The instal was successful, but I was never able to get into full fledge Windows. When I turn my computer on, Windows boots up to the loading/ progress bar screen, and freezes just after. It appears that it is just about to switch onto the welcome screen but gets hung up after 1 1/2-3 passes by on the progress bar, on a blank black screen. I am able to get into safe mode but all appears to be normal. So I continued on, thinking my OS was bad and installed an older copy of XP Home, same problem. i also installed Win 98 and did the XP upgrade same thing. Now thinking i had a bad hard drive i swapped it and tried again no luck. I have also tried to system restore, but no dates to go back to. Last Known good config also wont work. i am stuck, and don't know what to do. I would like any replies. Thanks so much ....Alex

Hello and welcome to Techspot.

I`m not sure what your problem is caused by, but maybe doing a Windows repair as per this thread HERE may help.

Regards Howard :wave: :wave:

hey i have the same problem, ive replaces mother board, ram and HD

nothing seems to work, the only way i can get the computer to get past the xp slash screen (where the loading bars move accross) is to turn the unit off at the power, wait, turn it back on, the start as normal. that will get it to work no problems, until the next restart where it will just do it again.

any luck with yours so far, are you running an intel processor???

Ok...

I got the same probleme a little while but i didn't need to do all that because my problem was with my Graphic card.

Maybe it is not your graphic card but when you installed Win 98 everything about graphic was good???

If your card is good so make a complete diagnose of your system...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back