Windows Xp Home Installation Problem.

Status
Not open for further replies.

kryptoknight

Hey, I just recently got a new motherboard, an Elitegroup 755-A2, with an intel 1.8 pentium 4 800FSB chip.

SPECS.
1.8 GHZ P4 Chip(800FSB)
Elitegroup 755-A2 Motherboard
512 RAM Mushkin
60GB Samsun HD
Geforce 3 Ti200

Okay the problem is, i recently tried to install Windows Xp home, when I do so, it goes through all the processes like it's fine, from the Bootable cd part to accepting the license agreement and all. Then after it formats the harddrive in NTFS, and copies the files from windows xp home cd to the hard drive , it says "Your computer will now reboot in 15 seconds or press Enter to reboot now". So it reboots, and when it does it keeps going to the part where it detects Windows Xp as a bootable disc and says "Windows is inspecting your computers hardware configuration" or whatever. then i don't have any clue in what to do. any help would be nice, thanks a lot.

Hi,
After the computer reboots does it give you a choice to boot from either the cd drive or the hard drive? If so you might have to choose hard drive after it reboots or when its rebooting enter the BIOS and change the boot order to boot from the Hard Drive before the cd drive.
Hope it works,
Jonathan

hmm still not working

Sucks. it just says smething like

A BOOTABLE CD ROOM IS DETECTED IN YOUR HARD DRIVE.

0. DEFAULT ENTRY

then it boots again.. i tried to change boot order but nothing..i put hard disk > cd rom

well..

didn't quite work. if i take disk out it says.

Disk Boot Failure, please insert system disk and press enter.

got that error so many times i remember it by heart now =(|

Maybe you have a dirty/scratched CD. Clean it gently, using a little Brasso copperpolish or carpolish, moving the cloth only in circular direction. Rinse under the tap, then dry with a lintfree cloth.

naw wasn't that. finally fixed it.. was the main HD connected to IDE2 not to IDE1, and whereabouts my CD was connected but not identified.. it installed windows XP, but didnt finish.. it wasnt a slave, and connected through a SCSI card, the CD-RW was an old plextor, and replaced with a CD-Rom, and worked perfectly fine :) thanks though

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back