Windows XP installation crashes half way through

Status
Not open for further replies.
I got Windows XP home edition with SP2 and during the install it says some files are not able to be found, ive tried running the registry but it wont open i was wonderin if there was another way to end the instalation of it, cause a fatal error comes up every time.

ive tried running the registry but it wont open i was wonderin if there was another way to end the instalation of it

Sorry, but I don't quite understand what you're asking. Could you perhaps explain in a little more detail, and possibly offer any information that comes with the fatal error?

How far into the instal do you get? I get file not found errors, I had to switch to my back up copy of XP to load the missing file. Are you loading windows from BIOS or reinstalling when you're already in windows?

Got it done

I Was loading from system bios, it would go to the screen that says, installing windows and then a asms file error would come up, but i got it resolved now, i went and got a copy of windows sp2 from my friend, have no clue why my cd wouldnt load. Thanks JimbO!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back