WIndows XP installation error

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zachius

"Setup can not set the required Windows XP configuration information. This indicates an internal setup error. Contact your system administrator."

OKay i am getting this error when i try to install Windows XP. I have no idea what is causing it. Any ideas or suggestions are greatly appreciated.

MS article: 316425

http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;316425&Product=winxp

This issue can occur if a piece of hardware that is installed on your computer is incompatible with Windows XP.

To resolve this issue, update your BIOS, check your motherboard for compatibility with Windows XP, and remove any added hardware.

Do not attempt to edit your BIOS settings. Consult your computer documentation or obtain technical assistance from the manufacturer.

Determine whether or not the hardware installed on your computer is compatible with Windows XP. For additional information about hardware that is compatible with Windows XP, click the article number below to view the article in the Microsoft Knowledge Base:
295322 How to Determine If Hardware or Software Is Compatible with Windows XP

Hope this helps

Thankyou, but.....

In my case this make no sense whatsoever as i had the computer running on windows XP before i reformatted it...

Okay here is what hardware it consists of

Athlon 2100+
Diamond Viper V550
512mb of no-name RAM
Gigabyte 7VRXP motherboard
20Gb Western Digital HD

If it is a hardware problem it is almost definetly not the ram as i have swapped the ram with another computer.

Once again thanx for the help

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back