Windows XP Multiple Problems

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello, i currently have 2 computers in my possession and have what i think to be OS problems with both of them. One is a desk top that constantly will get all the way to the loading XP screen with the loading bar, then will flash a blue screen and reboot. Is previously had a system\32 error which i fixed. now this seems to be the only problem

The other is a laptop that will not get past the windows loading screen. It will get to it and the little bar will freeze every-so-often. But it will never boot up. The problem is i dont have a Cd-Rom drive so i wouldnt even know where to start.

I apologize in advance if either of these questions have been asked before

Any help is appreciated,

One Desktop that loads the logo but not the operating system.
One laptop that freezes while loading the operating system.

Both using Windows XP.

Can you get into Safe Mode on either system? Tap & continue tapping the F8 key right after the logo screen before the OS would begin to load.

Let me know. We'll go from there. Any other information about each of these systems would be helpful, including particulars and 'fix' of the System 32 error. I am assuming these 2 computers are totally separate from each other and not connected through a router.

I cant log into safe mode on either computer. the desktop will get to the same loading screen and reboot. And the laptop will freeze when its pulling up all the drivers and such. As for particulars, the laptop is a buddies of mine that was lent to me to play WoW. And the desktop was built at a local place. So i would have to do some digging. Its done this same thing again and again and to be honest i dont have the 100$ to pay and get it fixed again. They both run XP home edition. and the laptop is an emachines. thats all i know about it.

I got the laptop after my desktop was out of commission. so no they havent been on a router together, but i did run the laptop off a router before it decided to act up.

Ask anything you need to know and ill do my best to find out about the desktop and ill ask my friend about the laptop.

Thanks in Advance

Malver said:
One is a desk top that constantly will get all the way to the loading XP screen with the loading bar, then will flash a blue screen and reboot. Is previously had a system\32 error which i fixed. now this seems to be the only problem

To fix this:

1st.. check that your computer is set to boot from cdrom,

when you start your computer go into setup/bios (usually by pressing delete/esc/F1/F2)

once your in bios you need to find the boot sequence (different for all computers)

and make sure cdrom is your 1st option..

Insert and boot from your operating system disk (windows xp home/pro)

once its booted select the "repair" option/ press 'r'

you will then get the black screen it may ask you to select a drive, choose C:\ (also may ask for an administrator password)

once your on the c:\ enter: "chkdsk" and wait for it to scan.

It should say its found errors on the drive etc.

then type: "fixboot" and it will ask your a question answer yes "y"

then type: "exit" and remove the Operating system disk.

It will then reboot and should startup fine...

hope that helps you

Perhaps you should include information for getting into and changing the BIOS.

Nope Didnt Work, when i "chkdsk" is says "The volume appears to be in good condition and was not checked. Use /p if you want to check the volume anyway." I use /p and it says its not a command that is recognized, so i dont know. anything else guys? Im about ready to rob a bank and buy a new computer lol.

PM me if you have MSN or AIM, id love to talk to anyone that can help

Much Appreciated.

Well, the replies are getting conflicting. IF you can get into the system at all, don't use the Chkdsk command.:My Computer> Right click on Local Drive, usually C> Properties> Tools tab> Error Check> check both boxes on this screen> OK.

Close out the nag message and reboot. This will force the Error Check to run and it will start in 9 seconds.

Sorry, Joe. You already had the BIOS info- I missed it!

I cant get into the system at all, i cant get past the Windows loading screen, im gonna mess with it somemore tonight...any ideas please feel free to share them

Much Appreciated

XP screen with the loading bar, then will flash a blue screen and reboot. Is previously had a system\32 error which i fixed
I'm willing to bet you have hardware problems. It isn't going away until you resolve them. Until then, you will continue to have finicky behavior with your system.

Check your memory and run a disk drive diagnostic.

The http://www.ultimatebootcd.com/ also contains all of these utilities in an easy-to-use ISO (Burn them to a CD).

Well i replaced the old hard drive. could you perhaps list how i would go about running a disk drive diagnostic and such, i apologize for being so ignorant when it comes to hardware

Malver said:
Nope Didnt Work, when i "chkdsk" is says "The volume appears to be in good condition and was not checked. Use /p if you want to check the volume anyway." I use /p and it says its not a command that is recognized, so i dont know. anything else guys? Im about ready to rob a bank and buy a new computer lol.

PM me if you have MSN or AIM, id love to talk to anyone that can help

Much Appreciated.

If youve already sorted it just ignore this.. but you typed in:

"chkdsk /p" the space has to be in for it to work... If that doesnt work,

then like others have said its hardware, but im dam sure that should work

and Bobbye your right i missed off the bios steps,

i edited it when i saw your post cheers

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back