Windows xp pro problem error code need help

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi new here:
Need to know can anyone here tell me what my problem is regarding this error code?

BCCode:f4 BCP1:00000003 BCP2:818D8020 BCP:3818D8194 BCP4:805C773E OSVer 5_1_2600 SP:2_0 Product:256_1

Thank you

This error report is usually just a report of the memory dump locations resulting from an error elsewhere.
It could mean anything from a memory error (most common), video graphics error, hard drive error, or a Windows Update install error. It can even be caused by heat within a dirty machine.
Do you get the same dump when you boot in Safe Mode? If so, I would check your memory and your memory slots.
Some things to try: remove and reseat your memory; remove and reseat all cables; use a can of dust remover to clean all fans and heat sink.
If you have more than one memory module, remove one, and test. Then exchange for the other and test.
If you can get your computer to run long enough, run the free download MemTest86 for four hours or seven passes. Download the drive fitness test of your hard drive manufacturer, to see if your drive is reported as healthy.
Disable current video graphics drivers, then install latest driver download. After which I would borrow a video graphics card from another machine, install the drivers for it, and see if you still have the problem.
Finally, run a new Windows Update custom scan... to update all drivers and components.
Memory is the usual suspect.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back