windows xp problem

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey guys. I'm having a little trouble installing the xp operating system onto my pc. I have the drivers for my sata hard rive all ready. It says hit f6 to install raid or other driver devices right befor it starts installing windows xp. So obviously i do that. When the scren comes up saying if you wish to install outside drivers or hardware press S now. So i press S. Now it says insert cd rom to drive discette A but the drivers i have are 1.88 mbs and the floppy disk only supports 1.44. So i put it on a cd. But when i load the cd up it still tries to read the floppy drive and not the cd im trying to let it read with the drivers on it.

A few things ive tried to solve this problem.
1. disconnected the floppy drive so that it would search for another device to install the drivers with. It did not work considering i only have one cd-rom drive, and the windows xp cd is in there.
2. I was going to take a different cd-rom drive temporarily so that it searches for that drive and then install the drivers that way but my stupid old dell computer has the cd-rom drive so well stuck in there that i would need a chainsaw to get it out lol.

Any suggestions on how to get around this?

"Now it says insert cd rom to drive discette A"

What does that mean? The pc is tellilng you to insert a cd into your floppy drive?

What is the make and model number of the hard drive?

To the best of my knowledge, there should be either a floppy with the driver on it that comes with the drive, or a CD which you need to use in a computer running an operating system of some decription to use a program on it to write such a floppy.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back