Windows XP service pack 2 user accounts

Status
Not open for further replies.

callbobby69

My user accounts come up fine after i have reached down and shut off the power swich ....they will not start-shut down then restart ! I cant get any of the 3 accounts to log off , they act like there goung to but then just go away and the same user is stuck not being able to log off or shut down or restart ! The only thing i can do is shut off the power switch . Anybody have an idea as to where i need to start looking for a solution ?
Bobby

Does the pc have any other problems??

What antivirus, antispyware, and firewall software do you use??

Hi..I have the latest Nortons installed and running constantly for protection against everything . It really does a fantastic job .
There are no other problems with the computer (a little slow sometimes), but i expect that with the program load .

If you have that norton crap then your pc is undoubtedly riddled with spyware and that may well be causing your problems!

Download either the free AVG or Avast antivirus programmes and either the free Zonealarm or Kerio firewall programmes from within this link - https://www.techspot.com/community/...lware-removal-preliminary-instructions.58138/

Then, disconnect from the net and completely uninstall Symantec/Norton. If you have any problems in uninstalling the programme, take a look at this thread - https://www.techspot.com/vb/topic57112.html

Once you`ve completely uninstalled Symantec/Norton, reboot your system and install whichever firewall programme you chose, followed by whichever antivirus programme you chose. Reboot your system the required number of times and reconnect to the net. Run the antivirus updates.

User Accounts Still Not Working

I did shut off nortons and installed your programs . No differance was noticed . I removed them and got nortons turned back on . Still the problem was there .
I downloaded and set up a full defense program (cyberdefense) ..it works great , but did not correct the problem . Recently i have found out that if i bring up the Windows Task Manager ...i can log off just fine in it . A click on the log off and all works well as far as logging off . Does this give anyone any new ideas ? :bounce:
Bobby

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back