Windows XP shutdown unexpectly

Status
Not open for further replies.
Couple days ago, after trying to reinstall Windows XP on my PC (with KT600-A motherboard) , I first realized that no wireless connections was detected. I've tried to download all updates from motherboard manufacture website but the problem was still there. I've then tried to uninstall and reinstall the wireless network adapter (D-Link Super G DWL G132) driver several times... I first got an error message telling me that something happened during the installation process... the device might not work properly. After trying several times, finally, I got the device installed and worked properly...but... no wireless connetion was detected. During the process of trying to find the network... my PC was suddently shutdown and restarted by itself but never successfully restarted.
I had to reinstall XP again, and found out that it only works with the old 54 MBytes wireless addapter, however, it is too slow... Every time trying to use the D-Link (which worked well before reinstalled the XP), the same problem happened. I really need HELPS. Please help me. Thanks.

Without knowing anything about the specs and setup of your pc the best we could do is wild stabs in the dark!!!!!!!!

Well for example, you havent even said what version of xp you are using!!! Is it pro, home, or media centre?
Are any of the network devices built in to your mobo?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back