Windows Xp Shuts Down Instead Of Restarting!? Help!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

enigmabunny

Hi, I Have Another Little Problem With My Pc, I Am Running Windows Xp, And When I Click Restart, My Pc Shuts Down, And Is Really Irritating Me, Is There A Way To Fix This? Please Help

Xxx

bill gates should be shot

ok, same problem here, windows shuts down instead of logoff or restart. PLUS certain software (chameleonXP) used to run well, but now i get a .ocx file missing or not correctly registered error too. if anyone can point me in direction of repair of this problem/s please email me at roaddemons@o2.ie.

because after this, if i cant fix it, then bill gates can slurp my round fat white *** and i am switching to linux again. :)

If you have roxio and its doing this please follow these steps

1. Right-click My Computer, and then click Properties.
2. On the Advanced tab, click Settings under Startup and Recovery.
3. Clear the Automatically restart check box under System failure, and then click OK. The error message should remain on the screen so that you can record the error information.
"Stop 0x0000000a(0x00000029,0x00000002,0x00000000,0x80466d7b" error message after Windows is already installed
Warning If you use Registry Editor incorrectly, you may cause serious problems that may require you to reinstall your operating system. Microsoft cannot guarantee that you can solve problems that result from using Registry Editor incorrectly. Use Registry Editor at your own risk.

When this issue occurs, follow these troubleshooting steps:
1. Remove the Easy CD Creator software.
2. Click Start, click Run, type Regedit in the Open box, and then click OK.
3. Locate the following registry key:
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\System\CurrentControlSet\Security
4. Remove the Etetnt.mpd file that has a revision date of 1997.
5. Locate the following registry key:
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\System\CurrentControlSet\Services
6. Remove the following files:
• Cdr4vsd
• Cdralw2k
• Cdr4_2k
• Cdudf

hope this helps!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back