windows xp sp2 problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

etones

im trying to install sp2 but i keeps failing but doesnt give a reason - the icon in the bottem right corner said that updates were ready so i click it, then it said " how do you want to install updates, windows found 1 update. this update requires that you first accept and end user license argeement then i click express install, then install and it says read the following eula etc, i clicked accept, then it says initializing installation, then says updates were unable to be successfully installed then the following updates were not installed - Windows xp service pack 2. whats wrong with it. any help would be great

Get your hands on on of the (free) CDs with XP/SP2 on it.
Install from there, and NOT via the internet. Even with broadband, a 260MB download takes a fair bit of time.
When installing via internet, ANY interrruption, and your update is shot! (and your PC might not work any more!)

Personally, I like to Download and then Install separately. This way I can always
retry any failed install.

260mb is massive, and w/o a hispeed connection, the effort will be very frustrating :rolleyes:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back