windows XP will not boot on my new system(BSOD)

Status
Not open for further replies.
help guys!

i recently bought the parts of my new system.After i fixed it it i was ready to load windows XP. but after the initial loading of the generic files, i get a blue screen saying:

***STOP: 0X0000007E
(0XC0000005,0XF8360BF,0XF7C82208,0XF7C81F08)

***PCI.SYS-address F78360BF, base at F782F000 ,datestamp 3B7D855C

i am using an MSI P35 motherboard and a PCI-E graphics card, i have tried plugging out the graphics card out several times but to no avail. what should i do? please help me.

Hello and welcome to Techspot.

If you are using a hard drive from a previous system, you will need to format it and then reinstall from scratch. That`s because the hard drive will have all the drivers etc for your old hardware and won`t work with the new stuff.

Regards Howard :wave: :wave:

I recommend you try running the system with just the bear essentials. I.E Hard drive/1 stick of ram/Mobo/Cpu/Video card and see if that helps. If it doesn`t, then I suspect some kind of faulty hardware.

Regards Howard :)

hi howard thanks for the advice. i tried installing XP again but i cant. is it a driver compatibility issue with windows XP or should i switch to vista to play safe? (since my mobo is vista certified and my Vid.card is also certified for vista.

I doubt it`s anything to do with XP vs Vista. Check to make sure your Windows cd isn`t scratched or dirty etc. Like I said, I suspect some kind of hardware problem.

Try testing your ram as per the instructions HERE. If that doesn`t help, test your hard drive with the manufacturers diagnostic utility.

Regards Howard :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back