Windows XP will NOTload and frozen on initial page

Status
Not open for further replies.
My PC will not load windows XP SP2. Here is the situation:
When I turn my PC on the ASUS initial page comes on the screen and then freezes. At the bottom of the page it says,
"Press DEL to run SETUP, press TAB to display BIOS POST message"
Whether I press DEL or TAB there is NO response. I can not run SETUP and I can not display the BIO POST message. My PC is frozen in that initial ASUS screen. To make matters worse I tried using the Floppy drive and it did not work. It seems that the pc is configured to boot from the CD rom. So I tried using the windows xp OS CD but this will not work either. I'm screwed big time! If I can only get to the BIOS I could do something but I have no access. I am unable to boot up from my floppy drive and/or my cd rom drive.

PC SPECS:
Mobo: Asus A8V Deluxe
Hard Drive: (IDE ULTRA ATA) Maxtor 6L060J3 60 GB
Mem: Corsair TWINX1024-3200C2PT 1GB DDR400
CPU: AMD Athlon 64 3500+ Processor Socket 939
VGA Card Model: Radeon All In Wonder 9600XT.
DVD: Plextor PX-716A DVD±R/RW CD-R/RW internal E-IDE (ATAPI) drive
Power Supply: Aspire ATXA8NW-AL/500Watts

Any directions any one could offer me on how to fix this problem will be greatly appreciated. I'm desperate

Thanks!

Try resetting the CMOS jumpers. This will probably get you into BIOS.

Open up the computer case.

Find the 3 PINS next to the CMOS battery. (The CMOS battery looks like an oversized watch battery on the Motherboard)

Look at the little rubber piece on there.

If it is covering PINS 1 and 2, move it over to PINS 2 and 3, wait 5 seconds, and then move it back to PINS 1 and 2.

If it is covering PINS 2 and 3, move it over to PINS 1 and 2, wait 5 seconds, and then move it back to PINS 2 and 3.

Turn your computer back on.

Your CMOS setting will be reset and that should get you into BIOS.

Your System Clock will probably need to be reset.

Let me know if you can get into BIOS after doing that.

Thank You!!!

A_DOG73.

Thank you very much for your response. It was a simple fix and IT WORKED!!!. My computer is up and runing well again.
Your assistance is greatly appreciated. YOU ROCK!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back