WindowsBOOT Cd wont Boot!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello all,
So after my pc started crashing time and time again (was getting B.S.O.D) it finally gave up completely and now i just want to reformat it because im fed up with dealing with it. But now i have an odd problem, when i start the pc it goes right into the SafeMode selection screen. But no matter what i select the computer just freezes. The boot CD is in the drive at the moment, and ive checked the BIOS, and looked at the boot sequence, its set to boot my cd drive first but i still cant get the cd to load up. Any ideas on what to do??? Thanks.

try removing one of your memory modules.. and then reconnect it.. boot to cd by striking F12 when starting the computer.. hope this helps!

ive checked the ram before, and the bios is set to boot the cd first. I was starting to think it was a problem with the boot cd but it works. I ended up takin g out the hd and putting it into an older pc to see if i get the press any key message and i did. But it wont let me reformat it on that older computer. I think it might be the cddrive, I'll try the f12 option first, thanks for the replies.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back