windowxp Theme help

Status
Not open for further replies.

wen9x88

i have a big problem here,my computer logon so slow.
i think i download or install too much themes,visual styles,windowblinds,and Vista Transformation Pack .now my windows look weird,and how can i change it back to xp,and how to clean all the vista theme stuff?need help,urgent!!
1-1.jpg

and i try to delete the windowblind but it popup something
1-2.jpg

Try uninstalling all those programs via the add/remove programs application in the control panel.

i uninstallled all vista stuff with add/remove programs application in the control panel.i think still have vista stuff in my computer,but i don't know where is it.i deleted all the vista suff in my program files too,may be still have a lot files at other folders.

You shouldn't of downloaded Vista transformation pack, it is known it slow your computer down.

When did you install all these themes? You could try a system restore. See how HERE.

Regards Jase :)

You should read all warnings before installing any Transformation Packs.

Vista Transformation Pack
Editors Note Vista Transformation Pack changes some system files and system registry entries that could cause problems.

my window theme is back,and my logon faster.
anyway my logon is look like delay or what,it stop at logon screen and i heard the logon sound,after that it take long time launcher desktop.
untitled-14.jpg

I know this has nothing to do with this thread, but how do you capture that's on your monitor and post it?? Btw, I see you have a few icon in Japanese or Chinese wen9x88. I must be the only person in the state of VA that loves J-Pop & Rock.

How to take a screen shot.

* Open up Internet Explore or Firefox.
* Or from the desktop. (for desktop screenshots)
* Look on your keyboard and there should be a button (usually in the top right corner) that reads PrtSc, press that button.

** Please Note: If you cant find the button, here is a picture of a basic keyboard, and look at the key with the red squares around it. Click Here (Click on the Blue link) to view the Picture. **

* Once the PrtSc button is pressed, Open up Microsoft Paint.

1. Click Start
2. Click Run
3. Type in MSpaint
4. Press Ok.

* Once Paint is open, On the Menu bar click on Edit
* Then Paste.
* Save the file to your computer as a Jpeg image (Mainly so the size is not so big)

On the menu bar click File
Click Save as..
Next to Save as type click the drop arrow, and choose Jpeg
The click Save.

takaboku said:
I know this has nothing to do with this thread, but how do you capture that's on your monitor and post it?? Btw, I see you have a few icon in Japanese or Chinese wen9x88. I must be the only person in the state of VA that loves J-Pop & Rock.

As an answer maybe?

It explains how to take a screenshot but I still do not see why you need to launch Internet Explorer or Firefox just to take a screenshot.

evilfantasy said:
I don't.

You can press the PrtSc button from the desktop as well if that is what you are referring to.

Honestly?

Can you not figure this out?

Or would you rather just keep going back and forth?

You're the one not getting why I'm trying to say. He asks how to take a screenshot. & your very first instruction in your reply is to launch Internet Explorer or Firefox. I'm just trying to figure out why it is necessary to open those apps to do a screenshot.

Yes, you pointed that out, I corrected myself. Why not let it go?

I normally use that guide for troubleshooting errors within browsers. Not taking pictures of the Desktop.

Clear enough?

Thanks evilfantasy!! I took a screen shot of your "How to take a screen shot." and saved it for future reference.

Jase123 said:
Go to start/run and type in msconfig.

Then click the startup tab, and untick any program you don't want starting st start up.

Then reboot and see if it's faster.

I would just like to see if you have anything nasty running on your computer.

Go and read the Viruses/Spyware/Malware, preliminary removal instructions

And post the requested logs.

Regards Jase :)

my msconfig only have 4-5 program,and i think my problem is not at here.
before this howard_hopkinso ask me to do a lot scan and the result is clear.
and i think my problem is not malwares.
here is my last time post https://www.techspot.com/vb/topic87339.html
have others way to make my startup faster?
anyway i post my log here.
untitled-15.jpg

how to change or close this weird thing?

how to change or close this weird thing?
i changed others theme and i still having this problem.
untitled-16.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back