WinDVD 5 installation problems

Status
Not open for further replies.

flowerpower

I have a WinDVD 5 cd that came with my Lite-ON DVD Drive and when i try to install it it asks me for a serial number to continue the installation. I don't see the number on the disk, where do i get this number from? Is it asking for the s/n of the DVD drive itself?

The serial number for WinDVD 5 is nearly always on a very tiny strip on the back bottom of the paper envelope in which the disc is received.
If you tossed this out, contact the website of the people from whom you bought the disc.
You can buy a better replacement at a very low price at www.clickcooldeals.com

Whew, i'm glad you told me this, its a good thing i saved the envelope, i usually take my computer related cds out of an evelope and keep them in a book, the kind people use to store music cds.

Be careful throwing out anything that comes with a product. When I worked at a Dell Call Centre for PC support, I had a number of customer whose comps had to be reformatted. They kept the CDs for the packages they bought outside Dell but threw out the boxes, CD cases and envelopes that had the license key on it. The software company made them pay for a new copy. And that's even though they had registered their copy with that company too! No license key, you must PAY for a replacement!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back