Winfast A280 TTD - comment activer ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

batchasse

(solved)Winfast A280 TD - How to active TV out ?

Sorry for posting in french, I saw it too late. short translation at the bottom of the message

Bonjour,
Sous W2000,j'ai
une WinFast A280 TD MyVivo (DVI, TV out) 128 MB, Chip NVIDIA GeForce4 Ti 4800SE(8X) Bios 4.28.21.00
Driver NVIDIA GeForce4Ti 4800SE 4.3.4.5, TV Codec Type : Philips 7108

GDI driver 6.14.01.4345
Proc AMD 2600+ Phys.Mem. 512 MB
Windows DirectX 8.1

J'ai connecté mon magnétoscope analogique à la carte vidéo avec le cable VIVO (prises RCA).
J'ai appliqué
- Bios2528.exe (bios à jour)
- ALLWDM.exe (drivers WDM ?)
- Winfast PVR
- W2K_ALL_31022.exe (drivers de la Winfast, je crois)

Nview est activé.

En allant dans les params avancés de l'affichage, seul mon écran plug and play est détecté, pas de sortie TV => pas de nview display mode dans les params avancés de nvidia.

J'affiche correctement dans l'écran de Winfast PVR une cassette depuis mon magnétoscope.
Par contre, impossible d'enregistrer quoi que ce soit depuis mon micro sur le magnétoscope => impossible de récupérer sur cassette VHS mes films persos après montage depuis mon camescope.

J'y connais rien et je tourne en rond. Quelqu'un peut-il m'aider, svp ?

Merci d'avance

Batchasse:confused:

==========
Sorry, I did'nt pay attention to the fact all other mesages were in english

With a Winfast A280 TD MyVivo, I'm unable to send films out to my camcorder (analogic).
When I right-click the mouse on the windows desktop and select the
properties -----> setting------> click the advance button ----- ->select the
tab which shows the product name .
I only find options for my main screen and no trace of a TV output => no way to activate TV output.

Could somebody help, please ?

Thanks a lot;) :eek:

Oh boy, I can't help you with that one, but hopefully one of our other members who speak multiple languages can help.

BTW :wave: Welcome to TechSpot :wave:

Macrovision is meant to stop you from recording on another format. Maybe you should try to look for info on Macrovision & eventually ways to go around it.

Giving you more info here would prolly be a violation on the rules of TS that do not allow posting of such info ( Piracy, warez, etc ).

I am sure he is trying to convert old home movies into DVD's, in which case there is no problem with piracy.

So if you know a way to fix it, by all means feel free to post how it can be done.

Hello, all of you
Help's coming. I appreciate very much, indeed.
And it's nice to try and practise english. Sorry if it takes time, maybe ages, but I promise I'll do my best to improve (my english) ;-)
I think the problem I'm facing lies on several levels.

1) I need to tell my computer to detect the TV-out function of the Winfast A280 Myvivo. A hardware TV output device should be detected, but it isn't, and I even do not find the radio button or button or checkbox to enforce this detection by Windows, so what I read on the forum does'nt apply, or I missed something.
2) Once the TV output will be activated, I wish to send composite images (and sound) to my magnétoscope (camcorder ?).... I Know, I'm greedy.
3) All this if possible using SECAM (http://www.linux-france.org/prj/jargonf/S/SECAM.html => Surtout Éviter la Compatibilité Avec le Monde : roughly translated "Mainly avoid compatibility with world"). Impossible is dead.
4) As the images come from my hand camera (holidays, my son's wedding), it's possible there will be a problem of macromedia. But I still don't know.

I could do all this with my Matrox G200 8Mo, but I could'nt play NWN...

By the way, I'm really not trying piracy of any kind. It would be easier to download movies and view them on the computer.
If I have to do it the hard way, it's because nobody in my family has a DVD player (neither have I). We still have composite camcorders. And they would like to see the wedding, aso...

Now, if somebody could be kind enough to take the about 20 to 30 hours of videos (holidays aso.) from hand camera VHS tapes, extract the good part out of them and put the result on VHS tapes (SECAM, if possible), I'd appreciate and even give him/her my Video Studio 6.

Who gets the ball rolling ?

I only needed 10 hours this week-end to kill my W2000 (after trying to enforce the detection in the "no failure" mode) and had to reinstall my computer from scratch. LOL
And 1/2h to type this message LOL LOL
And would prefer not to make the same blunders (at least with my computer)

When I re-installed, I applied SP4 on W2K, and used Leadtek W2K_ALL_31022 (drivers 45.32), Leadtek AllWDM (version 4.0.100.1190), and think I'll use ALL_WinFastPVR_30917 as soon as my TV-out is detected, if nobody has a better idea.
NVidia drivers in 52.16_win2kxp_international_whql dont't work with W2K, at least on my computer (explorer crashes)

Thanks in advance.

Oh, I'm sorry I misunderstood a bit of your post, I thought you were trying to record movies from your PC to your VCR or something of the sort.

I'll try to get some info & if I find something usefull, I'll post it here.

Simple question, isn't there a manual with the card that gives a step-by-step on how to do this ? Even if it's outdated, it's a good way to start. Or perharps an updated version in PDF format on the leadtek website could help too.

*edit again* I actually see you are trying to record movies over to your VCR. Isn't that what macrovision was made to stop ?

Hello,
Thanks for your reply. I did'nt speak or wrote english for years, so no wonder I haven't the right words to explain.
There is a manual with my card, which explains what you can do when the card is properly installed. The part that deals with installation shows the hardware part, then tells you to load the CD in the CD reader and start setup.exe. At the end of the process, everything should be fine (TV-out detected, aso) and you're supposed to begin adjusting the advanced settings (clone your screen towards TV...). The pdf manual on Leadtek's site (W0500753_General_Installation_E.pdf) and the captured screens sent by Leadtek's hotline are also based on the assertment that TV-out function is detected. Which is'nt the case on my computer. I saw it once but it disappeared after reboot.
I don't know much about macrovision, but I had no problems with my Matrox G200 (which automatically activated macrovision) for holiday movies taken with the same camera, and cannot even test before having activated the TV-out function of the Winfast.
I found a lot of posts on this forum and others dealing with the same problem (enabling TV-out). Hard luck, none of the many solutions that worked fot them works for me.
I'll try tonight to reinstall a demo version of TVTools, to see if this time it forces the detection of the the hardware TV display.
Maybe part of my problem is that I updated the bios of my graphic card, but the updated bios was provided on the same web page as the updated drivers I downloaded.
What I think most possible is that somewhere I miss (and mess) something in installation process. Maybe the sequence "display drivers+WDM drivers+Winfast PVR" is not sufficient, and I should install something more, or there are specific versions of each of them that "go well together", or ???
Anyway, thanks for your helping me
:)

If one Detonator driver doesn't work, try another. I had some TV-out problems with new 40- and 50-series Detonator drivers too (using GeForce2 Ti), but with Detonator 21.83, it works.

Thank you very much. Thanks to you, I found another version of display drivers and of ALLWDM.
By using TVTOOLS 9 I could have my PC detect the TV out. I'll investigate tonight.

Question : I'm trying to find the version of nav4_mini.sys that suits Winfast display drivers 4.5.32. Does anyone know where I could find this file ?

Thanks to you all, and I'll tell you what happens. Anyway, I'll make a checklist of the blunders to avoid at any cost. It may help other beginners.
Have a nice day. :)

Hello,
I'm "a little" lost (I get used to it ;-)) : Instead of going on installing and uninstalling without understanding what I'm doing, could somebody check what I think correct and answer my questions, please ?
@- I need for my graphical card (Leadtek Winfast A280 TD Myvivo, proc. GEForce 4 4800 Ti SE)
- Display drivers (to display on the output device(s))
- WDM drivers (to deal with the hardware in the graphical card)
- And the "users programs", such as WinPVR, Studio 6 aso.
=> Question : and Detonator driver ? What's it's function ? Is it another name of the above drivers, or is it graphical, or WDM type ? When should I install it ?before or after the display driver, the WDM, WinfastPVR ?)
=> Question : is Nview integrated in the graphical and the WDM drivers ? I mean, if I have a problem with nview, which is the driver to replace ?
@- Nvidia & Leadtek provide these drivers alone or within "packages" that group one or several kinds of drivers (eg : pack with display driver + WDM).
Question => It seems to me that each one (Nvidia & Leadtek) has his own version numbers for the same drivers => Is there a way to find which Leadtek version number matches a given Nvidia version number, to avoid mixing a new display driver with an old WDM ?
Question => When updating my display driver, do I need to uninstall first the whole lot (WDM, PVR) ?
Question => Should I prefer Leadtek drivers (maybe tested an optimsated for their cards) to Nvidia ones (newer release) ?
Thank you for your help, your beeing so cool (and for the time you take to help me, I'm well aware of it).
Sincerely :)

Originally posted by batchasse
and Detonator driver ? What's it's function ? Is it another name of the above drivers, or is it graphical, or WDM type ?
Detonator driver provides accelerated 2D and 3D functions for the operating system using the card's processing power. So, if I understood the question, it's graphical.
When should I install it ?before or after the display driver, the WDM, WinfastPVR ?)
I'd install it first.
is Nview integrated in the graphical and the WDM drivers ? I mean, if I have a problem with nview, which is the driver to replace ?
Nview is a part of Detonator drivers.

WDM drivers mean (in this case) video capture drivers, as your card is VIVO model (Video In, Video Out).
Is there a way to find which Leadtek version number matches a given Nvidia version number, to avoid mixing a new display driver with an old WDM ?
Maybe, if you right-click the dll file and check its properties.
Question => When updating my display driver, do I need to uninstall first the whole lot (WDM, PVR) ?
No, it's not necessary (as far as I know).
Question => Should I prefer Leadtek drivers (maybe tested an optimsated for their cards) to Nvidia ones (newer release) ?
If the card has features that "normal" Nvidia cards don't, then yes.

Thanks a lot :) I'm printing your reply and I'll take it to my office. A shame we hav'nt Internet there.
I think I'll reinstall W2K from scratch to start again on safe bases. All those install/uninstall may have left junk, even if I try to tidy up with JV16. By luck, I'm on holidays tomorrow all day.
Thanks again. I'l l keep in touch with all of you.
Sincerely

Hello,
Thank you, all of you, who gave me a solution. I was really lost without your help and it was good to not to feel alone.
Here what worked for me. Happy if it can help somebody else. Please, feel free to correct if you see something wrong and to adapt to English Windows commands.
I feel that it's important, at least the first time that all drivers come from the same provider, same version. I took those from Leadtek.
Installing and uninstallig several times may leave unwanted stuff. Better to begin on a clean config.
Automatic installation from the .exe was not successfull on my computer.
What worked for me
============
réinstall W2000 (after formatting the partition).
do not install the new detected device (graphic card)
apply W2000 SP2
Norton Antivirus
Ultimate Zip (free Winzip)
firewall
internet connection
mainboard drivers
DirectX 8.1
image of the HD (just in case...)
============ (uninstalling the graphic card might be enough ?)
connect TV (yellow RCA video plug) on the on video out of the ViVo cable, turn the TV on, select Audio/Video mode of the TV.
Start menu->params->settings->system->hardware->periphs : Right-click the mouse on the yellow "?" corresponding to the display device, properties,driver, update the driver, -> , search for a driver for my periph (recommanded), specify, browse, select in the CDROM le folder drivers/WinXP_W2k, OK.
And nview was installed with the driver.
reboot
Right-click the mouse on the windows desktop->parameters->nview
in the window that opens :
Informations : Activate the Nview desktop manager
Show the advanced nview commands
Wizard button => Activate nview when Windows starts, no profile, allow windows extension, reposition dialog boxes on the monitor, activate nview extensions of the system menu, Iwish several desktops...1, activate explorer nview extension, the other tabs did'nt seem useful for me. validate.
reboot
Right-click the mouse on the nview icon (a kind of white-olive green eye) near to the clock. nview desktop manager : activate
Right-click the mouse on the windows desktop and select the properties->setting-> click the advanced button->select the tab which shows the product name
it opens a white tab on the left of the window. select the nview line it should now be there!). This opens a window picturing 2 screens with the image of a bridge. Clic the button Détect the monitors.
clic on the left screen (1), radio bouton clone, in the dropdown list near to Monitor, choose Monitor nview1 : analogic Monitor
check Use as main monitor, disable panoramic.
clic on the right screen, check the radio button clone, in the dropdown list near to Monitor, choose Monitor nview2 : TV....,
Everything should now be OK.
If the computer is unable to detect the TV (non standard TV), using the demo version of TvTools may help (mind to disactivate nview.
Now you can begin to transfer the holiday's movies from Studio 6 to your TV and camcorder.
P.S.Screens showing how to configureg nview can be found on http://www.zebulon.fr/articles/nview.php (sorry, it's in french) or on the leadtek's site.
Thanks again to each one of you. Sincerely :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back