Winff All converted files play at 4x speed

Status
Not open for further replies.
Winff is basically a face for ffmpeg

My problem is that when converting movies from .flv to .mpg (mpeg2) it speeds the video up 4x....Windows xp.........anything else you need to know just ask..

Don't have any experience with that program, but maybe it is so stupid that you have to match the framerate of the source and the target manually?

Also, try playing the resulting files with VLC - this would rule out any issues with codecs since VLC comes with its own implementations.

That is shall I say odd....I had converted the same mpeg2 file 6-7 times with winff and every time I opened it in media player it played at at least 4 times speed WITH sound....
I downloaded VLC and it plays the same video files seamlessly but media player still doesn't. Once I played the movie file and it played at regular speed in media player but it didn't have any sound I then tried to use the seek feature and it went back to 4x speed...I don't think my using the seek feature had anything to do with it maybe it was just a set point in the movie.
So is it a problem with my file or with media player?
Another odd thing...the media player's counter thing displays (3:15) but when I play it it counts faster in fact the movie finishes in about 15 sec.

If VLC plays OK and WMP doesn't, then it is a codec issue. Try (re)installing the latest versions of the required codecs for playback.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back