winIce/softIce problems

Status
Not open for further replies.
WinIce/SoftIce ?

Every time that I try to bring up a program that I have used successfully many times in the past I get a Protection Error window displayed with the words:

"Debugger detected - please close it down and restart, Windows users: Please note that having the WinIce/SoftIce service installed means that you are running a debugger!"

I have never installed this and am running Windows XP Home Edition. The program doesn't appear in the list of programs that can be removed via the Control Panel option so I have no idea how to get rid of it. Who do I contact to see how this can be done?

Individual Solution

A cry for help to the originator of the MP3 Editor program that I was having trouble with resulted in them sending me a revised file that now works fine. Obviously this solution is restricted to this particular program so I am not able to offer any solutions to the many other members of the computer fraternity that have experienced a similar problem. However, if they have run into trouble due to WinIce/SoftIce when trying to run the DAK MP3 Editor please tell them to contact me and I will forward the revised file to them.

WinIce/SoftIce ?

I got this from Numega (creators of SoftIce). Contact them at www.numega.com for the general solution. It has to come directly from them.

Quote: "Some programs look to see if the is a debugger present in the system to
protect themselves from hacking. I would suspect that at some point Softice
was installed on your system and not completely removed. " Solution follows:

How do I get full message from 10-10-05 4:15am

The problem stated by Trasksdad is mine exactly. The answer given as coming from Numega ends at "as follows:" When I try www.numega.com I get a blank page. How can I read the rest of the fix that was given to Trasksdad?

i don't think that the numega site or company exists anymore.

A bit of digging leads me to numega being acquired by Compuware. Maybe give them a buzz..

i ve got a problem with softice
i am unable to start softice
i use win xp sp2 and softice 4

whenever i try it shows error (attached pic)
and symbol loader says
"SoftICE is not active. Symbols cannot be loaded."

please suggest a remedy.................

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back