WINMGMT caused an invalid page fault in module CIMWIN32.

Status
Not open for further replies.
What operating system are you using? From everything I see on Google and MSKB, it looks like you're running Win2k, maybe NT, but it's probably help everyone to look for you if we knew what version of Windows you were running. Also, are any error codes or numbers provided with the message? Sometimes those are much more informative than the text in the message.

Looking through MS's Knowledge Base, many of the errors indicated that performance monitoring tools were the source of the issues. You might try shutting these down if you run any, and see if that helps.

According to http://www.winnetmag.com/Files/8959/table_01.html CIMWIN32 is used to: (at least in Win2k) "Provides information about the computer, peripheral devices, OS, Win32 subsystems, services, processes, file system, security, and more"

And http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/default.asp?url=/library/en-us/wmisdk/wmi/winmgmt_log.asp seems to indicate that winmgmt should leave a log file behind that *might* contain some helpful clues. This may not be helpful at all, on the other hand.

If someone more knowledgeable about the WMI system has any better advice, I'm sure they could help you more.

Sorry I am using Windows 98 second edition...

WINMGMT caused an invalid page fault in module CIMWIN32 at 0187:7f0e0608.

Thank-you for trying

Please provide as much information as possible as we will be able to help you faster this way. Even if you don't think it is relevant I would post it, better to have more information than not enough.

System specs, newly added or removed programs, when problem occurs, etc.

Thank you and :wave: :wave:Welcome to TechSpot :wave: :wave:

Check out thisforum and introduce yourself.

CIMWIN32 exists in Windows 98 in the cab files, which means it is probably a common system component.

Chances are it isn't WINMGT's fault (I've seen a few of these WIMMGT causes blahblah), but CIMWIN32. If this happens as soon as you start your computer, every time, then you probably have some corrupted system files. You can run Start/Run/ SFC.exe /SCANNOW to verify your system files are not corrupted or missing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back