WinXP Blue Screen of Death

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello all, I have some trouble with BSOD now and then and I cannot figure out the cause of it. Would anyone possibly know, please, what does the following mean?

BCCode : 1000007e BCP1 : C0000005 BCP2 : 00000001 BCP3 : BA492BEC
BCP4 : BA4928E8 OSVer : 5_1_2600 SP : 2_0 Product : 256_1

Thank you for any help.

mildante

It is always important to tell us what you were attempting to do when the error came up!

A frequent cause is in gaming. The game is launched but memory isn't available. This can be caused by a bad memory chip. But there isn't enough information to go further. Checking the Event Viewer is an excellent way to troubleshoot cause for errors:

Follow this path:
Control Panel> Administrative Tools> Event Viewer> Click on System & Apps, one at a time on the left> look for Errors on the right> right click error> Properties> note description of error, Event# and Source.

There is a "copy" button below the up/down arrows. Click that, then go to any place that allows you to type (ie. notepad, wordpad, this board) and you can paste (use CTRL-V) the entire event details there. It makes for easy reporting of the event.

If you want to paste the Event here, you do not need to include the lines of code that follow the Description- but paste all else. You will be looking for Error that occurs at the time of the problem. Please ignore Warnings.

Please also include your system information- is it desktop or laptop? Installed RAM? Type of processor?

If you can provide them we need the minidump files to help.

My Computer > C Drive > Windows Folder > Minidump Folder > Minidump files.

It is these files we need, not the Minidump Folder. Attach the files to your next posting and someone should hopefully be able to help.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back