WinXP installation: setup can not copy file

Status
Not open for further replies.
HI.
I want to install winxp sp2 on a system. I passed the selecting destination partition and then when it is copying files suddenly give a message says "can not copy x file" x is a .sys or .dll file like ks.dll or parport.dll or some like these.
i skipped afew of them but againg same message appares with another file name. I must say that I installed this CD on other systems with no problem. so the problem can not be from CD. I have placed another hard drive on this
system but cause same problem. so can not be from Hard disk, too.
I have changed AGP card but agin sam problem.
I have cleared the CMOS but again same problem.
I have changed IDE cables and BIOS battery but again same problem.
Now i did everything had came to my might. but again same problem.
the PCs parts is:
MainBoard : GIGA GA-8I848P
AGP : Geforce 8X
RAM : 256
CPU : intell celeron 2.4
HDD : IDE(not SATA) - Seagate 80

Now anyone who knows what is the problem please help me as soon as can.
My own think i must press F6 in first step of the installation. but i dont know how to do these third-party things. if my guest is right so please help me that how to create a floppy. at the all what files i must copy to floppy.
at the end I MUST SAY THAT, BEFORE I INSTALLED THIS WINXP TO THIS SYSTEM. SO THIS PROBLEM IS NEW!.
Thank you.

Well the only things I can think of is the CD got damaged since the last time you used it or the CD ROM drive is damaged and not reading the CD properly. Do you have a CD ROM cleaning disk? Can you switch in a different CD ROM drive.

Welcome to TS and hopefully others will be along soon with some other ideas.

cheers

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back