winxp intalation

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello i'm new here and it's realy cool to have that kind of forum

anyways !! i'm installing winxp and when he reboots he tells me to press any key to boot from cd then err.disque , thats when he's supose to boot and to keep on istalling maybe some thing is missing on the hard drive maybe sys files.

if anyone can help me i'd be thankful

Sems that XP install messed up installing the bootloader or the HD is bad. Just press any key for CD boot and start the installation over. If it is acceptable, delete everything on the HD and do a clean partitioning/install.

Do you happen to have many hard disks or did you have disk problems before installing XP?

thanks for your help !!!! I DID ALL OF THIS 3 times AND STILL WANTS TO BOOT FROM CD but i first forated it on my computer cause the other one is my dad's i dont know if it matters even after repartitioning it .

gor my friend, slow down a bit when you are typing, you are a bit confusing.

Are you saying that XP won't boot at all, or that it just asks to boot from CD? If it is the latter it may be as simple as altering the BIOS configuration, if it is the former something more serious may be up. Give us a little more detail, but fill in all the letters to the words please.

hi !!! i bought a new computer , that is an amd 2.0ghz on asus moherboard , and i sold my old one to my dad wich is an amd 800 ghz on asus a7v ,but he knows nothing about computers. So i installed xp on the new one and then i pluged in my old hd 20g on the new computer cause i had to transfer stuff to the mew hd ,so i formated it in the new computer wich i shouldn't of
and i pluged it back in the 800 started the winxp instalation it installed to the point that it reboots and on the reboot when it tells you to press any key to boot from cd usualy it keeps on going and it goes back to the rest of the installation but it stoped there and told me some file was missing or corruped so i deleted the partition and recreated it formated it and retried the installation and did it again so i thought, i didin't format before repartition it so idid that and same thing i'm out of ideas on what could be wrong .

to be fair, it's hard to help without total information. If you could post the exact error message it gives and the file that is missing or corrupted. also take your time with the posts and make them as clean and clear as can be and edit it for spelling grammar if you can, its kinda hard to understand what your saying. im really confused as to which HD is the problem one. you got 2 hd's in here...
also, are you sure this cd is good? have you used it before? is it a legit cd, ie not downloaded from the internet?

It could be a problem with a pirated/faulty CD, but also Windows installers are very dumb when it comes to broken partition tables for example.

I have had to manually zero out a partition table to make a 2k install properly.

When you say repartition and format, do you do it in the installer or manually with fdisk and format?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back