Wireless Card Crashing Internet Explorer

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey guys, I hope you can help me out, Im a bit frustrated. I have a Toshiba Satellite 2805 laptop, thats runs Windows ME (I know im not happy about it either). Well I rescently bought a netgear wireless card for it, and whenever I plug it into the card slot, after it downloads the hardware info, my internet explorer immediately starts crashing over and over, telling me "internet explorer must close" even if I havent attempted to launch internet explorer. The only way to get it to work again is by restoring my laptop to a prior time before I had installed the wireless card. Even uninstalling the wireless program fails to fix the problem. Ive followed all the directions specifically as far as loading updated drivers first, but still no luck. I know its not the card, because I have tried 2 different netgear cards, as well as a lynskys card, and the same problem happens each time. Does anyone have any ideas that could fix the problem and get the card to work, and not crash internet explorer? Ive had a few people recommend to try upgrading to windows xp, but it doesnt seem worth the money it would take to buy xp and the needed memory. Does anyone have any ideas to get the wireless card to work, while still using Windows ME? Thanks, I really appreciate the help. Keith

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back