Wireless Card Help!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey guys im new to this forum and i tried searching it to alleviate redundancies with similar posts but i didnt find a specific enough post to answer my question. if there is one out there however please inform me and id be happy to look into it. anyways i bought an Airlink (AWLH3025) Wireless 802.11 g card and when i plugged it into my pci slot it would not read it. I built the computer myself but the motherboard is a gigabyte ga-7vaxp. Please help!!! Thanks in advance!

I would try the card in another slot and try that...
Did you install the drivers ? ?

patio. :cool:

i have tried the card in all 5 slots and the computer will not recognize it. I have installed the drivers and it still will not show up in the hardware manager nor will the software for the wireless card work.

Hate to say but it sounds like it's dead out of the box...is there another PC there you can verify this with ? ?

patio. :cool:

ive dealt with airlink(frys),they are all garbage ,went through 3 before i gave up and bought something else ,their customer support is also horrible

ok here's the deal...the card doesnt work in my brand new dell desktop either so the card is definately not right....however it does get power which i find strange....but still wont show up as a new hardware device...

having a card powered up doesn't warrant it works, since there can be lots of things to go wrong beside the power. My suggestion is to claim the warranty, and keep in mind to buy from another brand next time.

Yeah your right....I shouldnt have bought that card of ebay...in the meantime i went to best buy and bought a reputable card by netgear. Howerver its about 50' away from the router but it gets a low to very low to no signal constantly. Any ideas how to increase the signal?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back