Wireless Causes crash

Status
Not open for further replies.

Agent Ify

Hello guys,

Yet again here I am on techspot because my pc has malfuntioned =( I recently moved my computer room around and my pc is quite far away from my router so I went wireless. I went out and purchased a wireless card and put it in my computer. After an hour or so of tinkering I was able to get it to work however....

Now my computer constantly crashes, It only stays on for 1-60 minutes then it spontaniously crashes. I know it is a result of the wifi card because it only happens when I am connected to a network, If I disconnect from my wireless network my computer will stay on for hours. I did a search on these fourms and a couple other places and I learned that It may be a result of either a cell phone going off (I dont own a cellphone) or not enough power to my motherboard. I read that if I disconnect my usb devices I will get more power to power my new wifi card and I thought it had fixed it and my computer ran for a couple hours without crashing. Now it is doing the same thing again and I am getting quite annoyed. Do you guys have any idea what may be causing these failures?

Thanks,
Ify

Where did you get the wireless drivers from? Do not use any drivers on a CD - always download the latest from the manufacturer.

Do you have any software firewall installed? Try removing that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back