Wireless Connection Problem: Another profile being processed

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi there,
Im having a problem with my wireless connection. It was working fine for about a month, when suddenly today my connection disconnected. I tried reconnecting to no avail. I kept trying and then this window began popping up when i tried to connect to my linksys: "Another profile is currently being processed. Please try again later." So i tried later... days later... still the same... anyone know what to do? I only have one profile in my setup, so there shouldnt be another profile its trying to connect to.... WHats going on? Anyone know how to fix this so i can get back to connecting to my normal linksys router ?

Thanks

Intel PROSet/Wireless Another profile is being processed

I also receive the same error.

I have been given an Actiontec MI424WR wireless router by Verizon for FiOS. (I had FiOS at my old place with my own Linksys router and never had this problem)

I have tried everything from disabling/enabling radio to killing all processes other then the most critical and the error keeps popping up. Eventually, Intel PROSet appears to being a new search for networks, but the error comes back. Another laptop in my house does NOT get this error.

Since I am able to post this you can guess that I finally got it working, but what fixed it - I have no clue. Don't get happy for me yet, the error will come back as soon as I restart the computer - I'd bet the ranch on that!

Any idyers?

In each case I suggest you use the windows wireless configuration tool to clear out any profiles there may be present. Forget the setup sofware that came with the wireless NIC.

get a wired connection to your router
access the config page by entering the router address into your browser

1) change the default password!
2) re-login
3) change the SSID to anything other than the default
save the results

disconnect the wire to the router and make a new wireless connection.

once this works again, you need to reconnect the wire and
4) enable ANY kind of encryption
save the results

disconnect and reconnect with the encrypton key.

YOUR network was being used by someone near by and the above will stop
that in the future.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back