Wireless Connection Problem.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Good afternoon techies and geeks! Im a wannabe in both areas (techie and geek).

I have a wireless issue that I hope someone hear can help me with. Im having an issue with my router (Airlink101 AR315W 802.11g Wireless Router) and one of my wireless workstations connecting using an (Airlink101 AWLH3025 802.11g Wireless PCI Adapter) Windows XP Pro SP2 Fresh install.

The problem is that the router will not give the machine an IP address. The pc says that it is connected to the wireless network but will not give DHCP.

I have setup this workstaion via the router interface as a trusted client (Via MAC ADDRESS). I have tried both statically and dynamically. I have tried everything that I can think of to get this workstation on the net...

On a side note...

I can Ping Loopback address, I cannot ping router destination host unreachable.

I have reset the router and reset the web interface...

Thanks again.

Shawn

So what happens when you assign the IP/gateway/DNS manually? Are you sure you didn't make a typo in the MAC address?

When I assign statically it doesnt connect. I have verified that there is no typo in the mac address. Im pulling hair out of my ears trying to determine what is happening. If I connect directly to the router I have connectivity. Wireless is driving me nucking futz.!

"Doesn't connect" means what? You can't see web pages?

Assuming you have set the MAC filter right. And with static IP configuration you can't ping the router..

First, you could have a routing issue. If your LAN card has an IP from the same subnet as the router, then Windows may be trying to connect through the wired connection. Disable all other network interfaces but the wireless.

Could be a corrupted WinSock too. Download and run this: http://www.softpedia.com/get/Tweak/Network-Tweak/WinSockFix.shtml

Assuming you have set the MAC filter right. And with static IP configuration you can't ping the router..

That is correct.

If your LAN card has an IP from the same subnet as the router, then Windows may be trying to connect through the wired connection. Disable all other network interfaces but the wireless

Disabled Yes, Different IP Scheme between Wireless and Lan card. Wireless 10.10.1.xxx Lan 192.168.1.xxx

Could be a corrupted WinSock too
Corrupt on fresh Install??

Thanks for the Help

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back