Wireless connection

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi,
What it is I bought a PC from Ebay, and tried to connect it to my wireless modem with Belkin usb, but nothing I did would make it work.

To try learn more about Computers I am trying to build one which if I do say so my self not to bad at the moment, but I want this PC to be able to connect to my wireless conection.

Do PC have to have something built into the computer before any Wireless USB, PCI can work in the first place. Or can I buy that item to put in my pc to make the Belkin usb/pci wirless card work.

Thanks
dummy61

Hi,
I know how to set them up this pc I am using now is wireless, but the pc from ebay still would not work when we had loaded the software put in the password, and did everything we were suppose to, it still would not run on wireless, so that makes me wonder why it is not working.

It would have been nice if you had said all this in your first post...

Is the adapter in the link I provided the right one?

"and did everything we were suppose to, it still would not run on wireless, so that makes me wonder why it is not working"...

So you can "see" the wireless network, but you cannot connect to it? Or are you connected, but the computer won't go on-line?

If it is the last question, you have to provide an IP address to the computer you are trying to get on-line. Without an IP address it will stll show that it is connected to the wireless network. Usually aquiring an IP address is set to automatic. Select this option

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back