wireless dvi transmitter? do they exist?

Status
Not open for further replies.

venger417

there are many peices of hardware out there that allow you to transmit video from one TV to another wirelessly (or from a computer) but ive searched the internet over and cannot find a similar device that will allow you to input a signal from a dvi cable then transmit it wirelessly and output with a dvi cable.. basically to transmit High definition... im looking to do this from my computer to my tv. right now im just using S-video so i cant get the higher resolutions on my screen

I have never tried to search for a wireless dvi nor will I ( althoug i have contemplated the idea) for this reason; I am 98 percent sure they do not exhist, at least not a dvi to wireless dvi by itself. Cause Hi DEF is HUGE . But there are certain devices that kinda work like that . BUT u need a fast wireless network. One item that will soon come out and is 99 percent probable easy to use and setup is the new Apple's ITv thing that is coming out soon . From what i have heard apparantly it will work with Windows and MAc, but must use Itunes. It will support all resolutions up to 1080i. I am not sure if they will have dvi , but the signal will absolutely be digital( i think and hope) and will be wireless, most importantly it will be HD! This is basically a box u put near the tv , to which your computer send the image signal . Many people are excited about it and it should definetely be something to look into. Most brobably this new APPLE ITV will have a controll remote. If using itunes isnt a good idea for u, u should consider that with the ITV ( thats what many call it, ) and itunes , It will basically do anything that itunes is capable of doing.

I know that you can import your own videos, it doesnt have to be from itunes. BUT, if you cant watch it on itunes(its basically like windows media player, you can import stuff , but if you cant see it cause of incompatibilities, than u cant see it) its the same in itunes, but with the new Apple TV, you will probably see an expansion in compatabilities with different video types. In itunes I have importted my own video, so i guess yeah.

I heard all this in KFI PODCAST by Leo Laporte. He did mention the netgear you mentioned but that it might not be super easy. You will probably have to use a specia player with the netgear as well.

Anyway, in my opinion the APPLE one should be good , because Apple, according to many people" is known for great user interference" I would again reccomend the Apple one. If it doesnt work for you, there is always the return period.

U should try b4 you buy.

Does the netgear support 1080x? x= i , p.

Now that I looked at the netgear one, it does seem pretty good. Although its not out yet. So both the one you posted and the apple one are not out yet so you will have to wait . Try whichever one you feel the best vibe about. If it works with you, than keep it.

No, you can't transmit DVI wirelessly, the bandwidth is just way way too much. You couldn't even capture it and record to hd, too much data. You may be able to convert the DVI down to something like composite, which would be an insane quality drop, and then transmit it that way.

Edit: Check out slingcatcher.

there's also the IPR (Intellectual Property Rights) issue: You would be rebroadcasting Copyrighted material -- so no one would market such a product commercially

ATX, that takes a signal and then converts it to DVI, it isn't recieving a full DVI signal, its not even recieving a dvi signal at all.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back