Wireless Internet connection down

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hodsocks

I am having problems connecting to the net via a wireless connection, it was working fine until a week or so ago. I can connect to the ADSL router OK but no further, the pc is also running much slower than usual.
I have run Ad-aware, Spybot and Microsoft Anti-spyware and deleted anything it found. I have run Norton anti-virus and AVG 7 and deleted a couple of adware problems found.
I have run Hijackthis and nothing sticks out as being a problem, but you guys have more experience of this than me, attached is the Hijackthis log.
If any of you guys can make any suggestions it would be appreciated.

These are your problem:
O10 - Unknown file in Winsock LSP: c:\windows\system32\odsp.dll

Try the following two fixes:
Download and run the LSPfix utility: http://www.cexx.org/lspfix.htm

Download and run the Winsock repair utility: http://www.dslreports.com/r0/download/544752~62fe0e8dc00fac87e6f0f83c54d283a4/WinsockFix.zip

When done, 'fix' those lines in HJT if still there.

Hi Real, I tried installing the 2 programs you suggested but they did not cure the problem. The Hijackthis log after the fix is attached.
Any suggestions are welcome.

For future reference, see How to post your Hijackthis log-files as an attachment with .TXT extension.
Unless by mistake (like I did), nobody will open a potentially infected MS-Word document!

One of my previously suggested programs fixed your Winsock.

If you can connect from PC/laptop to modem/router, the problem lies in the settings of your router. Check that all IP address/default gateway/DNS servers entries are correct, that DHCP is enabled if you don't use fixed IP.
Go into a command session.
Try the following lines, each followed by hitting Enter:
ping www.google.com
tracert www.google.com
ipconfig /all <-- do you get a 192.168.xx.xx number or something else?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back