Wireless network problem !!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have wireless network setup in my house. one pc is hard wired to the router and one is wireless. the pc that is wireless will not connect to the internet at all. it has been working fine for a couple months and now it wont connect. My pc recognizes that there is a wireless network available but it will not connect to it. it says that the signal is strong too. I am stuck !!! can someone please help me with this......

the wireless computer has XP home

linksys wireless card 802.11b
linksys router and modem

thank you

What does "wont connect" mean? Can you ping the router? Can you ping the other networked computer? Do you have wireless security set up? How does the networking setup look like for the laptop (run ipconfig /all from command line)?

reinstall the operating system

darbs97 said:
I have wireless network setup in my house. one pc is hard wired to the router and one is wireless. the pc that is wireless will not connect to the internet at all. it has been working fine for a couple months and now it wont connect. My pc recognizes that there is a wireless network available but it will not connect to it. it says that the signal is strong too. I am stuck !!! can someone please help me with this......

the wireless computer has XP home

linksys wireless card 802.11b
linksys router and modem

thank you

Hi! I had the exact same problem, but then i reinstall my operating system (windows XP Home), and now it works. It's worth the try. :)

By the way; Through the Network Neighborhood, my wired Desktop (XP-HOME edition) can access the wireless Laptop (XP-HOME edition), but when the wireless laptop tried to access the wired desktop, it's not accessible, given the long messeage No Permission.... for access. I've turned off all the Windows' firewall and disable McFee firewall from the Desktop, enabled File, Folder and Printer sharing, but nothing helped. Can anybody please help me setup the permission on the Desktop so that the Laptop could access its' shared file and folder.

Also some time disablind and then enabling wireless connection may work for you.

Do yo uhave insatalled any firewal or any other kind of security on your Wireless laptop if so then disable them and then try to connect to the router

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back