wireless network problems

Status
Not open for further replies.
well i recently bought a slightly used custom built computer that came with a 54mbps netgear wireless card, so i bought a 108mbps netgear wireless router so i could get internet in that other room. the new computer is probably 10 feet from the router, and first it kind of worked, but i had to flip around my computer to get the antenna the closest possible to the router, and even then i got a BIG slowdown on my original computer, and frequent disconnections. after a bunch of reseting, unistalling and reinstalling, taking out and putting back in i figured it nmust be the card, or maybe the antenna, because it felt wobbly. yesterday i finnaly went out and bought a new 108mbps netgear wireless card, and now after installing it and everything it tells me its connected, but as soon as i open my browser it says it cant open the page because theres no connection. I already tried all the reseting taking out, etc. i did before, and nothing can get it to work at all. (btw the new antenna does feel alot better than the old, so that might be it)

Thanks for any help, and if any more info is needed just ask :D

Are you trying to connect to the router/internet with encryption? My suggestion is to turn off everything relating to security in the router. Then try connecting, make sure everything is setup properly. Then add security components slowly until it no longer works, and then you have your culpit.

BTW
:wave:Welcome to TechSpot:wave:

I hate to but in asking my own question. But where do you find the encryption code in the settings? Its for a belkin wireless network. Because I am having a very similiar issue as hes having.

thanks for the welcome and the answers. so i reset my router and reset it up without any protection, and of course turned off both firewalls. and finally it works!! its funny how it was such a simple solution, but anyways thanks

nevermind, haha already having problems. now it connects, but says its not connected, and at first i didnt care, cuz i just wanted it tro be connected. but now it disconnecting kinda frequently. any ideas?? :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back