wireless network problems

Status
Not open for further replies.
i have 4 pc's in my wireless network all running XP Home. they all used to have access to my base station printer but now they can't because the base station can't find them. i've tried a few things in the "windows setup a wireless home network" and "network places" and other programs but my base station won't find any of the other pc's. it used to with no problems. my wireless laptop downstairs can find the wireless laptop in my daughters room which has a printer connected to and is configured for networking and the 2 laptops can find the wireless desktop workstation in my sons bedroom but they can't find the main base station in my room and it can't find them.
any ideas what to do so they'll all find my basestation and it will find them again?
thanks, Jim

Have you some how removed the SHARE from the other computers, and or removed file & printer shareing... under Local Area Connection proterties

Are all the computers still connected to the internet? If so then there is just something wrong with each computers Windows Local Network.

Have you tried accessing them by typing in their computer name? For example \\(Computer Name). If you are unsure of what the computer names are you can right click on My Computer and choose Properties. Then choose the Computer Name tab.

If this doesn't work you can always try browsing by their local IP address. This would be in a similar fashion. \\Local_IP_Address (ie. \\192.168.1.104)

BTW
:wave:Welcome to TechSpot:wave:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back